Oral Reconstruction and Education Center (O.R.E.C.) is a training center developed to assure high standard education in Periodontology and Implant Surgery. The Center is equipped with the most advanced technologies. We give lectures and courses, including live surgeries, for participants from all over the world.
The courses offered in OREC are held by Dr. Giorgio Tabanella.
He is the Scientific Coordinator of the International Implant Conference and reviewer and author of original articles published in peer-reviewed journals such as the International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Implants, Journal of American Dental Association, Journal of Inflammation, World Journal of Stomatology, Clinical Implant Dentistry and Related Research.
Dr. Giorgio Tabanella
Dr. Tabanella is a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology, Active Member of the Italian Academy of Esthetic Dentistry and author of the book “Retreatment of failures in dental medicine”. He graduated from the University of Southern California-Los Angeles-USA where he obtained the Certificate in Periodontics as well as the Master of Science in Craniofacial Biology. He was awarded “Outstanding Periodontal Researcher In Surgery And Implantology” by the California Society of Periodontists for his study on bone remodeling.
He is the Scientific Coordinator of the International Implant Conference, Director of O.R.E.C.-Oral Reconstruction and Education Center (WWW.TABANELLAOREC.COM), and reviewer and author of original articles published in peer-reviewed journals. Dr. Tabanella lectures in Europe, Asia, Middle East, South Africa as well as in the US on implant and periodontal surgery, aesthetic management in dental implant and periodontal therapy, peri-implant bone remodeling, soft and hard tissue reconstruction around natural teeth and implants as well as the re-treatment of failures.
His research focuses on tissue regeneration and augmentation with different bone and soft graft materials, peri-implant and dental bone loss, novel protocols for the repair of ailing dental implants. He maintains a private practice in Rome, Italy where he also holds advanced courses and live surgeries on tissue regeneration and re-treatment of implant failures for a limited numbers of participants.
American Board of Periodontology
An internationally renowned speaker, Dr.Tabanella is one of the few specialists in Italy to have received the title of "Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology", the most prestigious award in the world in Periodontology and Implantology's field.
- Tabanella G. A new method to monitor long-term tissue stability and pink esthetics around endosseous dental implants: Ultrafast Optical Sectioning technique for 3D soft tissue mapping. EC Dental Science 18.12 (2019): 01-12.
- Tabanella G. The “Buccal Pedicle Flap technique” for peri-implant soft tissue boosting. Int J Esthet Dent Vol 14 Number 1 Spring 2019.
- Tabanella G. et al. Adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells transplantation for socket preservation: a clinical report. EC Dental Science 18.5 (2019): 879-887.
- Tabanella G. Retreatment of iatrogenic implant failure: a simplified approach for guided bone regeneration and soft tissue augmentation. Inside Dentistry June 2018.
- Tabanella G. A simplified approach for guided bone regeneration and soft-tissue boosting in the re-treatment of an iatrogenic implant failure. Inside Dentistry June 2018.
- Tabanella G. and Schupbach P. “A novel peri-implant soft tissue biopsy technique to analyze the peri-implant tissue sealing: a non invasive approach for human histologies.” EC Dental Science 16.2 (2017): 93-99.
- Tabanella G. “May Vitamin D Intake be a Risk Factor for Peri-Implant Bone Loss? A Critical Review.” EC Dental Science 15.3 (2017): 71-76.
- Tabanella G., Nowzari H., Slots J. “Clinical and microbiological study of ailing dental implants”- Clin Implant Dent Relat Res 2009 Mar;11(1):24-36.
- Tabanella G. “Clinical and microbiological study of ailing dental implants”. PRO/QUEST UMI 20 March 2006.
- Tabanella G., Nowzari H. “Aggressive Periodontitis Associated with Guillain-Barrè Syndrome: a Case Report”. Journal of Periodontology 2005; 76: 2306-2311.
- Tabanella G. “Oral Tissue Reaction to Suture Materials: a Review”. J West Soc Periodontol Abstr. 2004;52(2):37-44.
- RETREATMENT OF FAILURES IN DENTAL MEDICINE A SURGICAL ATLAS.
- DECISION MAKING FOR THE RETREATMENT OF FAILURES IN DENTAL MEDICINE-vol 1 Perio failure: recurrent and excessive scaling and root planing.
- DECISION MAKING FOR THE RETREATMENT OF FAILURES IN DENTAL MEDICINE-vol 2 Diagnostic failure: mistreated trauma associated with peri-apical chronic lesions and anatomical bone deformities.
- DECISION MAKING FOR THE RETREATMENT OF FAILURES IN DENTAL MEDICINE-vol 3 Endo failure: tooth loss and perforation of the buccal plate.
- DECISION MAKING FOR THE RETREATMENT OF FAILURES IN DENTAL MEDICINE-vol 4 Iatrogenic bone grafting and implant placement: ailing dental implants associated with oroantral communication.
Below the last conferences perfomed by Dr. Tabanella:
- 2020 - LAS VEGAS VIRTUAL SYMPOSIUM: “Managing complications: step by step clinical procedures ”.
- 2019 - ITALY WEBINAR-IAED-Italian Academy of Esthetic Dentistry: “ll lembo peduncolato buccale per incrementi volumetrici dei tessuti molli peri-implantari ”.
- 2019 - MOSCOW-RUSSIA: Quintessence Periodontics and Implantology International Symposium “Health and Esthetics in the re-treatment of failures in dental medicine”.
- 2019 - VIENNA-AUSTRIA: Ogi Congress “Surgical retreatment of failures in dental medicine”. MAIN PODIUM+WORKSHOP
- 2019 - ROME-ITALY: Chairman Italian Academy of Esthetic Dentistry. “Ritrovare il sorriso:un approccio multidisciplinare.”
- 2019 - LISBON-PORTUGAL: EAO-Biological and Technical Complications “Ailing and failing implant associated to oroantral communication and endodontic lesion”.
- 2019 - LISBON-PORTUGAL: EAO-Clinical Video Session“A new protocol to reduce the healing time in Guided Bone Regeneration.”
- 2019 - JAKARTA-INDONESIA: IDEC-“New Frontiers in peri-implant soft tissue management: from preservation to the retreatment of failures.”
- 2019 - MADRID-SPAIN: NobelBiocare Global Symposium “How to deal with complications: your guide step-by-step.”
- 2019 - MADRID-SPAIN: NobelBiocare Global Symposium Tabanella Tepper “Immediate Implant Placement: two philosophies with the same end in mind.”
- 2019 - MADRID-SPAIN: NobelBiocare Global Symposium “Spotlight on surface innovations: Breakthrough surfaces for tissue integration at every level.”
- 2019 - AIX EN PROVENCE-FRANCE: SFCO Congres De la Societe Francaise de Chirurgie Oral“Peri-implant soft tissue management and retreatment of failures.”
- 2018 - TORONTO-CANADA: “Peri-implant soft tissue augmentation: the “Buccal Pedicle Flap”
- 2018 - SINGAPORE: Singapore Dental Association “How to boost the peri-implant soft tissue collar”
- 2018 - MALAYSIA-KUALA LUMPUR: Ancora Imparo “New Frontiers in peri-implant bone and soft tissue boosting: from preservation to the retreatment of failures”
- 2018 - FRANKFURT-GERMANY: GERMAN DENTAL DAY “Decision-making in the retreatment of failures in dental medicine”
- 2018 - VANCOUVER-CANADA: AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PERIODONTOLOGY “Hard and soft tissue augmentation in edentulous crest adjacent to teeth with a damaged periodontium.
- 2018 - MEXICO CITY-MAXICO: Advanced tissue reconstruction in clinical failures.
- 2018 - YOKOHAMA-JAPAN: 8TH WORLD DENTAL MEETING “Peri-implant tissue boosting in the retreatment of failures”
- 2018 - SWITZERLAND-FEUSISBERG: NOBEL BIOCARE ADVISORY BOARD MEETING.
- 2018 - LOS ANGELES-USA JANUARY 26-28: USC SYMPOSIUM “A simplified protocol in GBR and soft tissue boosting for the retreatment of failures in dental medicine.”
- 2017 - ATHENS-GREECE “TISSUE AUGMENTATION IN COMPROMISED SITES”.
- 2017 - MADRID-USC PERIO ALUMNI: A NEW PROTOCOL FOR PERI-IMPLANT TISSUE AUGMENTATION.
- 2017 - MADRID-EAO: OSSTELL CORPORATE FORUM: “THE IMPORTANCE OF RESONANCE FREQUENCY ANALYSIS GUIDING CLINICAL DECISION FOR COMPLEX CASES”. OCTOBER 5TH
- 2017 - GUADALAJARA-MEXICO: ACADEMIA MEXICANA DE PERIODONCIA “AUGMENTATION OF THE PERI-IMPLANT TISSUES IN THE AESTHETIC ZONE ADJACENT TO TEETH WITH A DISEASED PERIODONTIUM” SEPTEMBER 1ST
- 2017 - NEW YORK-USA: NORTH EASTERN SOCIETY OF PERIODONTISTS. “TISSUE AUGMENTATION FOR IMPLANT PLACEMENT: THE AESTHETIC CHALLENGE”.
- 2017 - SWITZERLAND-FEUSISBERG: NOBEL BIOCARE ADVISORY BOARD MEETING
- 2017 - PARIS-FRANCE-COEFI: RE-TREATMENT OF IATROGENIC IMPLANT DENTISTRY
- 2016 - GUANGZHOU-CHINA: TISSUE REGENERATION NEXT TO TEETH WITH A REDUCED PERIODONTIUM
- 2016 - BEIJING-CHINA: TISSUE REGENERATION NEXT TO TEETH WITH A REDUCED PERIODONTIUM
- 2016 - TOKYO-JAPAN-AESTHETIC ACADEMY OF IMPLANT DENTISTRY: TISSUE REGENERATION NEXT TO TEETH WITH A REDUCED PERIODONTIUM
- 2016 - RUSSIA VLADIVOSTOK: ADVANCED SOFT AND HARD TISSUE GRAFTING, THE OPTICAL ILLUSION OF THE PAPILLA
- 2016 - RUSSIA NOVOSIBIRSK: ADVANCED SOFT AND HARD TISSUE GRAFTING, THE OPTICAL ILLUSION OF THE PAPILLA
- 2016 - ROME SIRIO-ARCOI:THE REHABILITATION OF THE ATROPHIC MAXILLA WITH 3D PROJECTION
- 2016 - MEXICO CITY: ADVANCED BONE GRAFTING
- 2016 - TAIPEI-TAIWAN: TISSUE REGENERATION IN ESTHETIC AREAS
- 2016 - TAINAN-TAIWAN: TISSUE REGENERATION IN ESTHETIC AREAS
- 2016 - WOLHUSEN GEISTLICH HQ: CLOSED MEETING
- 2016 - ZAGREB QUINTESSENCE INTERNATIONAL MEETING: RE-TREATMENT OF FAILURES
- 2016 - LOS ANGELES: ONLINE LECTURE FOR GIDEDENTAL-SOFT TISSUE MANAGEMENT IN AREAS NEXT TO TEETH WITH A REDUCED PERIODONTIUM
- 2016 - NEW YORK: NOBEL BIOCARE GLOBAL SYMPOSIUM MAIN LECTURE ON GBR, SOFT TISSUE MANAGEMENT LECTURE
- 2016 - BUCHAREST ROMANIA APRIL 16TH
- 2016 - VILNIUS LITHUANIA FEBRUARY 26-27TH: LITHUANIAN ACADEMY OF PERIODONTOLOGY
- 2015 - SAINT PETERSBURG (RUSSIA) DECEMBER 5TH
- 2015 - MOSCOW (RUSSIA) DECEMBER 4TH
- 2015 - SOUTH AFRICA (CAPE TOWN) IFED SOUTH AFRICAN ACADEMY OF AESTHETIC DENTISTRY NOVEMBER 5TH-7TH: ORAL PRESENTATION IN MAIN SESSION AND DOUBLE HANDS-ON SESSIONS ON PIG’S JAW
- 2015 - STOCKHOLM (SWEDEN) EAO SEPTEMBER 28TH: DOUBLE HANDS-ON SESSIONS ON PIG’S JAW
- 2015 - MONASTIER (ITALY) SEPTEMBER 18TH-19TH : ITALIAN ACADEMY OF ESTHETIC DENTISTRY
- 2015 - BELGRADE (SERBIA) SEPTEMBER 4TH-5TH: DENTAL IMPLANTS IN ESTHETIC AREAS
- 2015 - ROME (ITALY) JUNE 18TH: MIDDLE EAST MEDITERRANEAN DENTAL CONGRESS 1° SYMPOSIUM ON AESTHETIC DENTISTRY
- 2015 - OPATIJA (CROATIA) MAY 8TH: CROATIAN STUDY CLUB
- 2015 - BANGALORE (INDIA) MAY 8TH: INDIAN SOCIETY OF PERIODONTOLOGY AND ASSOCIATION OF ORAL AND MAXILLO FACIAL SURGEONS OF INDIA
- 2015 - BANGKOK (THAILAND) MAY 7TH: THAI PERIODONTAL ASSOCIATION CHULALONGKORN UNIVERSITY
- 2015 - HUA HIN (THAILAND) MAY 5TH: THAI MAXILLO-FACIAL ASSOCIATION NATIONAL MEETING-PRE-CONGRESS COURSE
- 2014 - ROME(ITALY) SEPTEMBER 27TH 2014: EAO-EUROPEAN ACADEMY OF OSSEOINTEGRATION-HANDS ON ON HORIZONTAL AUGMENTATION
- 2014 - LOS ANGELES (USA) AUGUST 2ND 2014: UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
- 2014 - MUNICH (GERMANY) JUNE 22-24 2014: DACH SYMPOSIUM BMW CENTER
- 2014 - NEW YORK (USA) NORTH EASTERN SOCIETY OF PERIODONTISTSMAY 2ND-3RD 2014
- 2013 - NEW YORK (USA) WORLD NOBEL BIOCARE SYMPOSIUM “Main Podium: Missing multiple anterior teeth”, Hands-on Courses on implant surgery” JUNE 19-22ND 2013
- 2013 - MILAN (ITALY) ITALIAN STOMATOLOGICAL INSTITUTE FEBRUARY 21ST 2013 “Functional and Aesthetic osseous surgery”
- 2012 - ROME (ITALY) ITALIAN NATIONAL SOCIETY OF DENTISTRYDECEMBER 10TH 2012 “Introduction to bone regeneration”
- 2012 - ROME (ITALY) UNIVERSITY OF ROME “La Sapienza” SEPTEMBER 22ND 2012
- 2012 - WIEN (AUSTRIA) EUROPERIO 7 JUNE 7TH 2012 NOBELBIOCARE CORPORATE FORUM “PATIENT-ORIENTED TREATMENT APPROACHES REMAIN THE KEY TO SUCCESS” TABANELLA G., GAMBORENA I., ROMPEN E., FRIBERG B., SIMION M..
- 2012 - ROME (ITALY) JANUARY 14TH 2012 IV INTERNATIONAL IMPLANT CONFERENCE “interdisciplinary management of implant in the aesthetic zone: strategy, long-term outcome and complications.”
- 2011 - VITERBO (ITALY) NOVEMBER 5TH 2011 ANDI LAZIO MEETING- “la gestione dei tessuti peri-implantari: dalla prevenzione della peri-implantite alla correzione chirurgica dei casi clinici complessi in aree estetiche”.
- 2011 - ROME (ITALY) OCTOBER 7TH 2011 ITALIAN ACADEMY OF AESTHETIC DENTISTRY- PRESENTATION OF CLINICAL CASES TO BECOME ACTIVE MEMBER
- 2011 - STRESA (ITALY) SEPTEMBER 30TH-OCTOBER 1ST 2011 NEOSS KEY MEETING “novel surgical protocols to achieve aesthetics in challenging rehabilitations”.
- 2011 - ROME (ITALY) SAN FILIPPO NERI HOSPITAL MAY 4TH 2011 – “La chirurgia ossea resettiva”.
- 2010 - ROME (ITALY) ANDI DECEMBER 13TH 2010– “La chirurgia ossea resettiva: dalla parodontite al “Gummy Smile”.
- 2010 - ROME (ITALY) III INTERNATIONAL IMPLANT CONFERENCE JANUARY 16TH 2010 – “From peri-implant bone loss to iatrogenic dentistry: how to achieve aesthetic results in challenging periodontal and implant cases ”
- 2009 - LONG ISLAND (USA) CLOSE MEETING-STUDY CLUB SEPTEMBER 18TH 2009 – “Predictable implant treatment: managing hard and soft tissue reconstruction”
- 2009 - PHILADELPHIA (USA) CLOSE MEETING-STUDY CLUB SEPTEMBER 17TH 2009 - “Predictable implant treatment: managing hard and soft tissue reconstruction”
- 2009 - BOSTON (USA) AAP - AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PERIODONTOLOGY SEPTEMBER 12TH 2009 – “Managing peri-implant tissues: soft and hard tissue reconstruction”
- 2009 - ROME (ITALY) KEY CLINICIANS MEETING JUNE 26-27TH 2009 – “Enhancing implant aesthetics with high predictability and low risk for complications”
- 2009 - BOLOGNA (ITALY) II INCONTRO INTERNAZIONALE SULLA CHIRURGIA ESTETICA DEL VOLTO: DALLO SGUARDO AL SORRISO – “Osseous resective surgery for the treatment of “Gummy Smile”: when, why and how”
- 2009 - ANCONA (ITALY) UNIVERSITY OF ANCONA MAY 2009 – “Managing hard tissue reconstruction with intramembranous block graft”
- 2009 - LOS ANGELES (USA) USC SYMPOSIUM JANUARY 23-24TH 2009 - “From peri- implant bone loss to iatrogenic dentistry: managing hard and soft tissue reconstruction”
- 2009 - BEVERLY HILLS (USA) CLOSE MEETING STUDY CLUB JANUARY 21ST 2009 – “Reconstructive surgery in atrophic ridges: from guided bone regeneration to intramembranous block graft”
- 2009 - SAN DIEGO (USA) CLOSE MEETING-STUDY CLUB JANUARY 21ST 2009– “Reconstructive surgery in atrophic ridges: from guided bone regeneration to intramembranous block graft”
Dr. Tabanella has developed four new working tools to improve methods of intervention.
Clicking on the image below you can see one of the video showing the use of "Tabanella micro elevator":
Retreatment of Failures in Dental Medicine – A Surgical Atlas: Step-by-Step Clinical Procedures
Author Dr. Giorgio Tabanella // Ed.Quintessence Publishing // 200 pp; 456 illustrations
Decision making for retreatment of failures in dental medicine | DVD Compendium
4 DVDs and detailed Engl. booklets in a hardcover, NTSC/PAL
Languages: English, German, Italian
1st edition 2018