Oral Reconstruction and Education Center (O.R.E.C.) is a training center developed to assure high standard education in Periodontology and Implant Surgery. The Center is equipped with the most advanced technologies. We give lectures and courses, including live surgeries, for participants from all over the world.
The courses offered in OREC are held by Dr. Giorgio Tabanella.
He is the Scientific Coordinator of the International Implant Conference and reviewer and author of original articles published in peer-reviewed journals such as the International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Implants, Journal of American Dental Association, Journal of Inflammation, World Journal of Stomatology, Clinical Implant Dentistry and Related Research.
Dr. Giorgio Tabanella
Dr. Tabanella is a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology. He graduated from the University of Southern California-Los Angeles-USA where he obtained the Certificate in Periodontics as well as the Master of Science in Craniofacial Biology.
He was awarded “Outstanding Periodontal Graduate Student Research In Surgery And Implantology” by the California Society of Periodontists for his study on bone remodeling. He is the Scientific Coordinator of the International Implant Conference, Director of the O.R.E.C.- Oral Reconstruction and Education Center - and reviewer and author of original articles published in peer-reviewed journals such as the International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Implants, Journal of American Dental Association, Journal of Inflammation, World Journal of Stomatology, Clinical Implant Dentistry and Related Research.
Dr. Tabanella lectures in Europe, Asia as well as in the US on implant and periodontal surgery, aesthetic management in dental implant and periodontal therapy, peri-implant bone remodeling, soft and hard tissue reconstruction. His research focuses on tissue regeneration and augmentation with different bone and soft graft materials as well as peri-implant and dental bone loss. He maintains a private practice in Rome, Italy where he also holds advanced courses and live surgeries on tissue regeneration for a limited numbers of participants.
American Board of Periodontology
An internationally renowned speaker, Dr.Tabanella is one of the few specialists in Italy to have received the title of "Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology", the most prestigious award in the world in Periodontology and Implantology's field.
Below the last Dr. Tabanella written articles:
- May Vitamin D intake be a risk factor for peri-implant bone loss? A novel hypothesis. By Tabanella – Submitted for publication
- “A novel peri-implant soft tissue biopsy technique to analyze the peri-implant tissue sealing: a non invasive approach for human histologies.” By Tabanella et al. – Submitted for Publication
- Tabanella G., Nowzari H., Slots J. “Clinical and microbiological study of ailing dental implants”. Clin Implant Dent RelatRes. 2009 Mar;11(1):24-36
- Tabanella G., Nowzari H., Slots J. “Clinical and microbiological determinants of ailing dental implants”. Clin Implant Dent RelatRes. 2008 Apr 1.
- Tabanella G. “Clinical and microbiological study of ailing dental implants”. PRO/QUEST UMI 20 March 2006.
- Tabanella G., Nowzari H. “Aggressive Periodontitis Associated with Guillain-Barrè Syndrome: a Case Report”, Journal of Periodontology 2005; 76: 2306-2311.
- Tabanella G. “Oral Tissue Reaction to Suture Materials: a Review”. J West SocPeriodontolAbstr. 2004;52(2):37-44.
Below the last conferences perfomed by Dr. Tabanella:
- 2016 - ZAGREB [CROATIA] QUINTESSENCE INTERNATIONAL MEETING
- 2016 - ROME [ITALY] OCTOBER : HANDS-ON ON PIG’S JAW ON BONE AND SOFT AUGMENTATION PROCEDURES STUDY CLUB FROM GERMANY BY OMNIA
- 2016 - PARIS [FRANCE] SEPTEMBER: PERIO STUDY CLUB
- 2016 - NEW YORK [USA] JUNE 22ND-24TH: NOBEL BIOCARE GLOBAL SYMPOSIUM
- 2016 - BUCHAREST [ROMANIA] APRIL 16TH
- 2016 - VILNIUS [LITHUANIA] FEBRUARY 26-27TH
- 2015 - SAINT PETERSBURG [RUSSIA] DICEMBRE 5TH
- 2015 - MOSCOW (RUSSIA) DICEMBRE 4TH
- 2015 - TOLEDO (SPAIN) NOVEMBER 13TH-14TH: NOBEL BIOCARE SPANISH NATIONAL MEETING
- 2015 - CAPE TOWN (SOUTH AFRICA) NOVEMBER 5TH: IFED SOUTH AFRICAN ACADEMY OF AESTHETIC DENTISTRY
- 2015 - ROME (ITALY) OCTOBER 16TH: NOBEL BIOCARE NATIONAL MEETING
- 2015 - STOCKHOLM (SWEDEN) SEPTEMBER 28TH: EAO
- 2015 - MONASTIER (ITALY) SEPTEMBER 18TH-19TH : ITALIAN ACADEMY OF ESTHETIC DENTISTRY
- 2015 - BELGRADE (SERBIA) SEPTEMBER 4TH-5TH: DENTAL IMPLANTS IN ESTHETIC AREAS
Dr. Tabanella has developed four new working tools to improve methods of intervention.
Clicking on the image below you can see one of the video showing the use of "Tabanella micro elevator":
Improving Confidence in hard and soft tissue management in esthetic areas: from simple to complex cases | Rome - Italy